The investment environment in Shaanxi Province
- December 7, 2017
- Posted by: Yolandy
- Category: Business
Shaanxi is located at the geometric center of China’s territory. The geodetic origin, China’s geographical identification, just lies in Yongle Town, Jingyang County of Shaanxi. Covering a total area of 205,800 square kilometers, Shaanxi Province is an important hub connecting the eastern, central, northwestern and southwestern parts of China across the two basins of the Yellow River and the Yangtze River.
Shaanxi has a massive market with a permanent resident population of 38.13 million within its own territory and a population of 400 million in its surrounding provinces.
Because of its location at the geometric center of China, Shaanxi has the shortest distances from every corners of the country compared with other regions. 2-hour flight from the Xi’an Xianyang International Airport can cover 70% of China’s territory.
Shaanxi used to be the starting point of the ancient Silk Road and now it is the core area of “Belt and Road” development. The new Eurasian Land Bridge International Economic Cooperation Corridor under construction connects the world’s most rapidly growing economy- East Asia with Europe.
In recent years, Shaanxi has witnessed supernormal development of its infrastructure. Modern comprehensive transportation network has been formed, which makes a new strength for Shaanxi’s opening up and development.
– High Speed Railway: The “Union Jack”-shaped high speed railway network has been extended rapidly. The high speed railway from Datong to Xi’an has been opened; the Zhengzhou-Xi’an high speed railway has been connected with Beijing-Guangzhou high-speed railway; the Xi’an-Chengdu and Xi’an-Lanzhou high-speed railways will be opened soon. These high speed railways greatly shorten the distances between Xi’an and other major cities and form a one-day circle connected by high-speed railways.
– Highways: The Shaanxi sections of the 6 national highways including Beijing-Kunming Highway, Lianyungang-Khorgos Highway and Baotou-Maoming Highway have been completed. The provincial total in-use highway mileage reached 5180 km and under-construction highway mileage 1000-odd km.
– Modern Aviation Network: There are 42 international airlines from Xi’an to Paris, Rome, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Moscow and other major cities in the world. The Xi’an Xianyang International Airport is one of China’s eight biggest airports. It achieved a passenger throughput of 36.99 million person times in 2016.
– Metro: According to the “Big Xi’an” metro plan, the city will have 23 metro lines, of which Line 1, Line 2 and Line 3 have been fully put into operation. Now, Shaanxi metro has an operating mileage of 85.8 km and under-construction mileage of 94.5 km.
– Trans-Border Railway: The “Chang’an” freight train has been included into national “Sino-Europe Express”, with a frequency of 2 to 3 times every week. Sources of goods cover the surrounding eight provinces and regions of Shaanxi as well as coastal areas like Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Shanghai.
3. Mineral Resources
Shaanxi is rich in natural resources especially mineral resources.
– Total Resource Reserves: The mineral reserves which have been recorded on the mineral resource reserves list are evaluated at over RMB 42 trillion, ranked top nationwide.
– Energy Resources: The recoverable deposit of coal, oil and natural gas is respectively ranked fourth, fifth and fourth nationwide.
– Other Resources: Shaanxi has considerable reserves of iron, copper, lead, aluminum, molybdenum, gold, silver, etc. Its reserves of salt and phosphorus are respectively ranked first and seventh in the country.